Saturday, December 3, 2011

Standards for Social Media Behavior


As you know the medium of Social Media is growing at an unexpected rapid pace. Hence being a Social Media King it is necessary for me to set standards for the world on how to act and how to behave in Social Media. I have set two tests for you-
1. Mama Test - Whatever you are doing at social networking sites, whether you are posting comments or making fake profiles - ask yourself a question before posting updates or doing anything on social media. If my Mama were to see doing this, would she proud of me or would she hang her head in shame? If you passed this test then feel free to act on social media.

If the above test does not work I have another test for you that is called Baba Test.

2. Baba Test -  Whatever you are doing at social networking sites, whether you are posting comments or making fake profiles - ask yourself a question before posting updates or doing anything on social media. If my children were to see me doing what I am doing on Social Media, would I want to see it, or would I be embarrassed? If you passed Baba Test then feel free to post or act on Social Media.

Inspiration - From the book "You Can Win"


No comments :

Post a Comment